There are many benefits to installing a water tank on your property.
Not only can collecting and utilising rain water save you money, it can also ensure you are making the most out of the bountiful natural resources at your disposal – a critical factor in a country like Australia, where droughts and water shortages are common.
Whether you’re looking for a small, residential poly water tank for a family home, or a series of larger, more durable plastic water tanks for commercial purposes, make sure you ask for a tank that is made from Alkatuff. Alkatuff polyethylene is more durable, more sustainable and more reliable than other water storage materials, and is perfectly suited for the often harsh Australian conditions.
What is Alkatuff polyethylene and how is it used for water storage?
Although you may not have heard of polyethylene before, this remarkable polymer is actually the most popular and common plastic in the world. Polyethylene is used in a wide range of packaging applications such as the frozen food and milk you might find in your fridge and in a range of commercial and industrial applications like underground pipelines and cabling.
Alkatuff polyethylene is a safe, tough and recyclable plastic that has been designed for use in the production of plastic water tanks, and engineered specifically for use in Australia.
Australian water tank manufacturers have been utilising Alkatuff polyethylene for more than 20 years. During that time, Alkatuff is proud to have revolutionised the water tank market in a variety of ways, helping provide countless Australians with a tank that is built tough and built to last.
Using a technique called rotational moulding, water storage solution manufacturers can form polyethylene into a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Whether you’re looking for a large round tank, smaller slimline tanks, underground or under deck tanks, or even a kayak or cubby house, Alkatuff polyethylene is the right material for the job.
What are the advantages of polyethylene water tanks made from Alkatuff?
As a material tailor-made for Australian conditions, Alkatuff polyethylene exceeds the national standards for water tank production in a number of ways.
- Proven Environmental Stress Crack Resistance: Alkatuff polyethylene water tanks boast superior stress crack resistance, thanks to a hexene (C6) comonomer which imparts performance that is significantly superior to the sometimes used butene (C4) resins. AS/NZS 4766 testing requires a notched sample of moulded water tank material be able to withstand 500 hours of exposure to an aggressive test reagent, but Alkatuff polyethylene can endure double that.
- Exceptional UV resistance: Australia’s abundant sunlight is both a gift and a curse – great for days on the beach, not so good when solar radiation degrades and compromises the performance of your assets. Fortunately, Alkatuff polyethylene boasts UV resistance over double the current Australian standard. This means water tanks made from Alkatuff polyethylene are made from a material that is exhaustively tested under the prescribed conditions of the Australian tank standard where it performed superbly after being subjected to over 20,000 hours of laboratory controlled irradiance, temperature, humidity and repeated rain cycles.
- High thermal stability: Even in the harshest of environments, Alkatuff polyethylene maintains a high level of quality and superior creep resistance. Designers will appreciate Alkatuff’s 40 degrees Celsius creep data, allowing them to design for the harshest conditions with absolute confidence. Poly water tanks don’t rust and will maintain their appearance for far longer than other alternatives, which means that you can rely on water tanks made from Alkatuff polyethylene to remain in exceptional condition many years after initial purchase and installation.
- Versatility and customisation: Alkatuff polyethylene can be moulded into a wide variety of shapes and designs. Although the exact options available will depend on your water tank supplier, you can rest assured there is a poly tank out there to fit your unique needs and the requirements of your property.
- Consistent quality and performance: In addition to these qualities, all Alkatuff polyethylene products also benefit from stringent quality control and batch testing processes. The makers of Alkatuff have implemented a strict quality assurance regime in order to ensure all product complies with ISO9001 – an international set of standards regarding compliance with the fundamentals of quality management.
Where is Alkatuff polyethylene for water tanks made?
Alkatuff polyethylene is Australian made and designed specifically for Australian consumers. It is one of a kind in this respect, being the only Australian made polyethylene engineered for use in water tanks.
While a number of polyethylene resins utilised in Australia are manufactured abroad, in Asia or the Middle East, Alkatuff polyethylene is produced in Botany, New South Wales, by Alkatuff’s parent company Qenos – the leading national manufacturer of world class polyethylene.
Qenos supplies polyethylene resin to a variety of industries, including the food and beverage, waste management, and mining and agriculture sectors. With a long and proud Australian history, and a more than 700 locally employed staff, Qenos is a brand you can trust. As such, Alkatuff is a name you can trust as well.
When you are shopping for a water tank that is perfect for your needs, make sure it is produced from locally made Alkatuff poly resin. Ask your supplier for Alkatuff by name, in order to ensure you are purchasing a product that offers superior UV and stress crack resistance, and that is built to be tough in the sun.
For more information on Alkatuff polyethylene, plastic water tanks, or where you can find a poly water storage solution in your state, contact Alkatuff today by clicking the link at the top of the page.